Monday 24 February 2014

24th Feb 2014 - Migraines

I have had migraines from ever since I can remember. Well at least from 7 when I first remember coming home from a Cubs football match and just lying on my Mums silky bed cover trying to cool down and remembering the feeling sick and pain in the head.

People just say a migraine is a bad headache, anyone who suffers then knows this is not the case and I bet that most migraine sufferers can probably put up with a bad headache which would have others reaching for the pain killers.

I have different levels of migraine, a mild one will leave me not being able to look at anything and a sharp pain across the bone above my eyes, a bad one will have me going hot and cold, feeling sick (although I am hardly ever sick), pain across most of the front head and having to be in the dark or at least have my eyes shut. I also find pacing around better than lying or sitting down.

Painkillers do nothing and for years I had no remedy but to see it out. However one visit to the Doctor found me with someone who listened to my symptoms and prescribed me with Almotriptan. This really works and within an hour or two of taking one the migraine usually passes. This is fine but what I would love is a migraine table which prevents them happening at all.

I have looked at triggers and never found one, apart from if I get too hot, this one is a given, but I thought once it was fatty food, I cut this out are better and I had a good spell, but then they came back. Sleep might also be one, and other good types. I just cannot work it out.

I even had the idea that men had a time of the month like women as for some time I got a cluster of them and then nothing for 3-4 weeks.

The reason I am blogging this now is because I am so fed up. The last month I have had so many. In fact there have only been 6 days in the last 30 days where I have not had one. I admit they have been mostly mild, but it is getting me down now.

I cannot be diet I gave been eating well as we are on Weight watchers again, so plenty of veg, lean meat and very little butter or margarine. Dairy products also have been much lower. We started 1st Jan and all was fine but then around the end of Jan the regular migraines started. 

I have no stress at all, life is good relaxed.

If anyone has any ideas or can share experiences I would love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment