Monday 3 February 2014

3rd Feb 2014 - Seed Time

After last years success with the seed growing, oh yes forgot to post how well they did, it is time to start again.

Last year, for very little outlay I had a brilliant front bed display of Marigolds, Salvias, Antirrhinum's and Cosmos, as well as giving many plants to friends. 

Mid Summer I planted some wallflower seeds, grew them on and planted out in between the summer bedding. Once the summer bedding was lifted the wall flowers were already growing nicely and providing some nice greenery over winter and hopefully nice Spring colour.

Anyhow, last year I started a bit late and ended up with window sills full of plants all at the same time.

This year the plan is to stagger the seed growing and potting on process.

At the start of January I planted some Salvias, and antirrhinum in one tray. They are growing and are in the pop up green house in the conservatory, I am waiting for 2nd leaves to appear, before pricking out. Once again the antirrhinum are very small and fiddly.

 I am hoping not to lose as many plants this year as I did last time being a bit in experienced. 


No comments:

Post a Comment