Friday 13 April 2012

13th April 2012

Well not sure where to start. Just to say that past couple of days I have been very low and unhappy. It has all been caused by a phone call we got on Wednesday 11th April from our solictior. They rang to say everything was now in place, mortgage offer was received, all searches back and Ok. They went on to say that they had spoken to the buyers solicitor and they were just waiting for the client to go in and sign the contract and pay the deposits.

So on Thursday the we wait for the good news phone call. Around 11.30 the phone rings and it is our Estate Agent. He says he has spoken to our buyers and the solicitor has sent out the contract in the post to them. He does not know why but that is where they are at. So we ring the solicitors and ask them to find out what is going on. Two calls they put into the other solicitors and no phone call back.

It put me in a bad mood, I could not sleep last night wondering what was going on. As far as I knew our buyer what to get this all sorted before he had to return to work next week. I was up with a headache for a few hours and then up again at 6.30am.

At 9am I rang my Estate Agent to ask what was going on. Could he contact our buyer and find out what the situation is. He said he would call them and get back to me. At 10.40 my solicitors rung me, they had to chase other solicitors again but finally spoke to them. It appears that our buyer has still not received his home buyers survey which was promised to be delivered to them before Easter. They also said there was no chance of an exchange today.

So I tried our Estate Agent again but he was on the phone and would call me back. Getting so fed up with this now but what can we do. It is one thing after another, we might just tell the buyer that unless we exchange today then instead of giving them 4 weeks to complete we want 8 weeks. See how they like it being mucked around. It is no problem to us, all we want to do is exchange so we can put a deposit down on a rental property.

Never ever doing this again, it just takes over your life and is so frustrating that so many people have control over everything and we have no control at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment