Thursday 19 April 2012

19th April 2012

I am honestly not sure how much more of this I can take. We seem so close and yet to me it seems like we are miles away. For some reason I have this doubt in my mind that this is ever going to go through.

I am trying to work out why I have these feelings, worries and concerns and I think it may actually come down to our buyer. He is not the most of dynamic characters, seems very unaware of the processes and also seems very unwilling to chase or hassle his solicitors to move quickly on this.

So much so I have no confidence in him at all. I do not trust that he is going in next Monday to sign the contract and pay the deposit, after all he said last week that he had a days holiday owing from his school so would sort out this week, next we know he is planning to go into the solicitors late on Monday afternoon 23rd April 2012.

It was his fault for the delays. He realised at the last minute that he had not had a home buyers survey done. This was then done first week of Easter and he was told to expect the report before the Easter holidays. At the end of the Easter holidays we find out he is still waiting for the report. So why on earth did he not chase it up to find out where it was. We could have said a week or so on the things that are now being sorted out now.

Also we were told that the contract had been posted to him. Why has he not done, as we have, and got it signed and posted back to the solicitors.

He seems to be a slow and uncertain person. What he needs is a rocket up his backside. In an effort to do this my Estate Agent is going to call him tomorrow - Friday, to make sure he is going in on Monday to sign. I have asked them as well if they could point out to him the problems that his slowness is causing us now. On the strength of last weeks call to him where he said everything was fine and he would sort out this week, we put down the deposit on the rental property, here we are a week on and no more progress has been made.

The other thing making me fed up is that on Tuesday we were told we needed to take out an indemnity insurance to cover the works which were done before we moved in. Depsite agreeing to this and our solcititors putting many calls into the other solicitors they have so far not come back to them. So in my mind now is this because there is a problem and the buyer is not happy or is it because it is something so easy for them to sort out that it is not a priority for them until Monday. Whatever it is it would be nice to be told rather than them not reply to my solicitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment