Tuesday 3 April 2012

3rd April 2012

Finally starting to feel better. I have had this heavy cold, man flu whatever you want to call it for over a week now. Had the shivers, aches and pains, and lots of congestion. Helen has it now but is getting hot instead of the cold, Craig is over it and Kirsty has so far survived anything.

We had the home buyers survey done on our house yesterday. that was very encouraging. Nice man who talked us through what he had found and would be reporting back. For some reason I thought as the client was paying he would not be able to disclose to us what he would report. Anyhow basically he said he found nothing and the only amber light would be the roof, which although is still doing its job, is the original one and would therefore be getting towards the end of its life, in fact the same was said on the survey we had done when we brought it. Other than that it was fine.

He then called into the Estate Agent to advise them, and said his report would be out in a few days. The Agent rang our buyer to tell him and found out that he was planning to go to his solicitors today to sort some things out. I am still not clear as to whether the mortgage has been approved or not, he just said it was proceeding, whatever that means, so once again we will sit back and wait for someone to call us with news. It has certainly helped the stress but sitting back and letting things happen.

We got an email from the solicitors yesterday saying that the buyers solicitors were asking for a copy of the guarantee for the guttering we had done. This was included by me in the pack I sent into them weeks ago so it was a bit frustrating that they were asking for it as I am sure they have had it. Anyhow after a little while searching around I found my copy I had taken. So I scanned and emailed it across and he kindly confirmed receipt of it. I am hoping now that that was the final thing from our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment