Thursday 26 April 2012

26th April 2012

Great I now have somethng new to worry about. Following the new offer for the fuel tankers to consider it was announced that the deadline for a decision and possible strike action had been extended to 21st May 2012. That is the week we are due to move. Brilliant, so I had a sleepness night when I found that out considering what our options would be if there was no fuel for our removal truck to get our stuff upto Norfolk.

I phoned my removal company and they said that the last fuel strike had not impacted them at all and they did not forsee any problems. Well easy to say that but they of course cannot be sure and if there is no fuel available then there is no fuel. Anyhow I then thought my solicitor could advise and let me know of some provision for this action which would be out of my control.

No luck there either. Regardless of what happens we have to complete on 25th May and the property must be empty on that day. Sometimes you can agree with the buyer an extension but where there is a mortgage involved it is normally not done.

So we have to wait and see if they accept the offer, and if they don't what impact it has. At the moment I have no idea what we will do if the removal company cannot move us out. Our buyer should have no problem he has only a local move from about half a mile away to here.

I spent the rest of the day sorting out cancellation of services. Everytime I tried to do something on line there was an error, either the dates were no good, the new addresses caused a problem or it was simply to early to do the change. Anyhow by the end of the day and several phonecalls we have now done the council Tax, Virgin Media, ADT Alarm, Post Redirection. Thames Water cannot be done until next week.

House contents insurance took up a long time as well. Basically there was so many questions I could not answer regarding the rental property. Is it within 200 meters of a waterway, what locks are on the front door, patio door, back door. Do the windows have locks. Is there an alarm, smoke alarms, when was the property built. I have emailed these to the agent to find out. Anyhow I then had to declare that we would only be using the property at weekends, of course that put a different slant on things. Now the locks must conform the BS3621 and there are many other conditions which must be met, otherwise we would only be covered for fire and not theft of our goods. Not much point in having insurance if that is the case. All our valuable items will be with us so the risk is minimal, tv's, furniture etc but still we need to cover it. Lets wait to see what the agent comes back with, hopefully they conform to BS3621.

Skip is arrriving today, be nice to get rid of all the rubbish down the side and in the back garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment