Friday 20 April 2012

20th April 2012

Feeling much more positive today, well after all the sun is out and the rain we have had all this week seems to have past. I will fix that though, I have put the towels onto wash.

At around 5pm last night I got an unexpected call from our solicitor. She said that she had finally spoken to the other solicitors and the quote for the indemnity insurance is £193, which is fine and she also said that both parties had everything in place and it was now just down to our buyer to go in and sign. She did go onto say that the insurance did not actually need to be sorted out until completetion, I wish someone had mentioned this in my many calls to them this week. The thing which was bugging me was that I thought it had to be agreed and in place before the buyer went into to sign. Would have saved me a lot of stress and she did appologise.

So now it is just upto our buyer to get his act together. I spoke to our Estate Agent today and he said our buyer and ourselves are at the opposite end of the spectrum. He had never come across a buyer and seller so far apart in how they do things. He said we are proactive, efficient, (pain in the backside I think he meant) whereas our buyer lets things drift and leaves it to others to tell him when things are ready. This has been my problem but hopefully we are near the end now.

Today my Estate Agent is going to call the buyer and I have emailed him a list of things I want him to stress to him. These include confirming that he is going in on Monday to sign, to find out how and when he is going to transfer his deposit, make him aware that both he and his wife have to sign the contract, ask him what date he is looking at to complete based on the fact we want at least 4 weeks, but once we have that we will go with his date. We also asked them to point out to him that he needs to instruct his solicitor that he wants to exchange as quickly as possible now and remind him that he is paying them and not the other way round.

So I am hoping for a call back from the Agent later on today to find out how the conversation went. I hope he contacts him, it is difficult though being a teacher, he is unavailable for most of the day.

Anyhow I spoke to the Agent who we are buying the property from to give her an update, it seems though that the owner did not get the property they had wanted. That is a shame as I know they really wanted it but that is the good thing about us renting first, we have no problem with how long it takes to complete that purchase.

With regards to the rental, the Agent rang me this morning to confirm all checks had been done now and everything was OK, she is just waiting for me to give her a date for when we will start the rental, we have said either Saturday 5th May or 12th May 2012 but I need to exchange first before comitting to this. She was Ok with this and I told her I would ring next week.

So sit back and enjoy the weekend and pray that our buyer sorts things out and we can exchange sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment