Tuesday 24 April 2012

25th April 2012

At 12.40 yesterday we exchanged contracts. That is such a relief. I phoned the solicitors first thing in the morning as she had requested and she said she would contact the other side. At 11.30 she rang to say they were ready. She went through to confirm the contract and to see if we were OK accepting a smaller deposit. It was not much short so we said yes. Then it seemed like ages before she rang back to confirm.

I told Helen straight away and then breathed a sigh of relief. I have put myself through hell the past 8 weeks but to be honest it could not have gone much smoother.

I have contacted our rental company to say we would take on the rent starting 12th May and she is coming back to me on that. We can all go up and see around the rental home and also look at the house we are buying. I rang the the owner later in the afternoon to check if it was ok to do this. He said they were going on holiday a few days before but would leave a key with a neighbour who would be pleased to show us around. That was really nice.

He also said that his selling of the house was not dependant on him finding and completing on another one. Basically when we were ready he would be ready, whether that tide in with completion of a new property for him or if that meant him putting his stuff into storage and moving in with his son. That sounds really good, but as we are in no hurry it should all work out for the best anyway.

Things are now in our hands, which is the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment