Sunday 22 April 2012

23rd April 2012

Good weekend. For the first time I feel like we are actually moving. The call from our Estate Agent to our buyer on Friday demonstrated that there was no issue from his side and today he will be going to see his solicitor to sign his contract. I am hoping that the deposit is already transferred, he was going to take a cheque in but the Estate Agent advised him to do it by Bacs. Last night though I had one slight worry, not in terms of the sale going through but just another thing that might delay it a few days. I had received our paperwork from our solicitor for the purchase of our property and one of the notes on there was that you cannot exchange contracts until you have taken out Buildings Insurance on the property you are buying. Has our buyer sorted this out, has anyone reminder him of this. I wonder and I wish I knew this on Friday so I could have got the agent to remind him. Anyhow it might be OK, the solicitors have surely covered this with him as a requirement. I would hope so but do not bank on it.

Spent the weekend clearing out the rubbish from the shed and loft. Decided to get rid of all the wood I had collected over the years. I never throw off cuts away as they are always useful but now it just makes sense not to trasnport it around. Going to hire a skip as i have all had a good clear out of loads of other stuff which basically is just there in case we ever need it but in fact we never do.

Made a bit of a mistake on the finances. Nothing big in terms of a show stopper but big in terms of value. In my figures I had forgot to add the VAT onto the Estate Agents fee, so was £750 out and that is now taken off our money left over figure.

So maybe tomorrow or Wednesday we might have exchanged, there should be no reason not to, unless of course the buildings insurance is not covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment