Friday 10 February 2012

10th February 2012 - Afternoon

So that is me all over. Sitting here worrying when it has only been a week. I put in a call to the agent this morning to find out if we had any other viewings lined up for the weekend , Jerome answered and said they hd none planned. I was not too pleased with that, he then said he had feedback from the viewing on Wednesday. The guy had said that the front room was too small. I asked why he had not called me with the feedback and he just said sorry. Whilst on the phone I asked what was happening with the sale board which I was told would be put up last Monday, he did not know but said he would ensure it was put up over the next few days.

I was not happy, service is very important to me. I could feel a migraine starting. I put a call in to the senior manager who had initially signed us up, he was on the phone would I like to hold. I did, after 3 minutes I got cut off. That ended it for me.

I phone up another agent, one that I had wanted to go with purely because of the presence in the area and the amount of sold signs they had up. He said our property was bread and butter to them, and reckoned he would have it sold within 2 weeks ( we shall see about  that), what he did say is that they had a number of clients on their books looking for this type of property, the other Agent did not ever say this.

Anyhow he came round, took some photos, had a chat and we signed up with them, and have two viewings booked for tomorrow.

I know it is only a week but the first agent really did not fill me with confidence, I may be wrong but there it is, you have to go with your gut instinct and mine told me they would be more hassle than I needed. They said they would prefer to put a smaller number of people through us knowing they were the right ones, well one of them was someone who said it was too noisy with the main road, ITS ON A MAIN ROAD.

I would much prefer 20 people to come round even if 19 were not suitable but the other was the buyer of our house than have hand picked ones which also were not interested.

Only a week in and I am not enjoying this process already.

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh - a few days ago you were commenting that you did not need to sell fast and today you have gone with another agent!

    ReplyDelete