Wednesday 8 February 2012

8th February 2012 - Afternoon update

So our second viewing has taken place and this time the person was much harder to read. He was in his late 50's, an author he said, and was accompanied by a girl in her early 20's. She did not say anything and he did not say much more. They looked around the property, hardly asked any questions, so I volunteered information to them, such as the wiring had been totally replaced 12 years ago, the boiler was in good condition and the loft was insulated and fully boarded. Other than that they looked around, reasonably slowly, there was no great rush, he asked what I did for a living and it was then that he told me about his profession. We shook hands and they left with him thanking me and saying they have other properties to look at.

Earlier the Estate Agent had said that the potential buyer was very keen to see our property. They had suggested others to him but he was insistent on ours, so maybe that's a good sign.

This morning was strange though. I said before that we were in no rush and need to drag this out as long as possible, but after last nights viewing I had convinced myself that she would make an offer and expected the phone to ring first thing in the morning. When it did not I seemed to get uptight. I rang the estate agents a couple of times but the Agent was not around. Why was I getting worked up. We really have no panic until April/May time.

Anyhow the Agent rang me at 11.30 to say the buyer like the property very much but the main road was too noisy especially in the front bedroom. He advised her to get a quote for triple glazing, which is fine but he said he expected her to do this and then come in with an offer of around 239K based on getting the work done. I advised the agent that that price might be accepted come April or May but for now we would only say yes to 245K or above.

We must keep to this, we are in control at the moment, if someone really wants it they can pay near the asking price, that may well change over time but for now that must be our position.

No more viewings booked yet, the agent said he would give me feedback in a couple of days time from todays viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment