Wednesday 14 March 2012

14th March 2012

Wow this seems to be taking ages. Every day seems to be dragging on and my mind keeps thinking of all the things to do and I cannot do them until we exchange.

I looked back over the records of our last move and noted that from request for Mortgage to the mortgage being issued to 20 days. Now that was with no complications, us progressing it and also arranging the survey ourself within the first week. So I guess there explains the reality of it. Our buyer only went to his Mortgage provider on Saturday and therefore we must expect that nothing will happen until at least another two and half weeks.

I was also trying to remember why it seemed different the last time we moved and that I think is because at that time we were also buying a property. So then we had the selling process to organise and once we had a buyer we almost forgot about that side of it and had to find our own property and arrange a new mortgage surveys etc, so after offer on our flat we had other things to occupy our minds.

This time with us selling only, it is pretty much all done from us and we have nothing to do now for around 3 weeks.

So my mindset has now changed. Time to sit back, get on with day to day life and hope that time moves quickly and there are no problems. We are in a great position and I would hat to be going through this with a different buyer, maybe one in a chain, and if it were nearer our end of May deadline. I think the stress would then be very much different.

Here we have a first time buyer. No chain either end. We are still in March, exchange should take place in around 4 weeks time or earlier, so time to start enjoying life again.

I should now try and concentrate on losing the 4lbs weight I need to reach my goal weight. It has been hard since Christmas, but I guess that is because I am so close to my ideal weight that it is difficult to get off. What annoys me is that you only have to have one day off and 3 or 4 lbs go on, shame it does not work the other way. I am exeercising every day now, went for a nice long bike ride yesterday as well as Badminton, and hope this boosts me to lose those extra few pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment