Wednesday 21 March 2012

21st March 2012


Lovely sunny spring like day today. The Cherry tree has buds on it and blossom will not be far away. 

As the JLS song says “ every minutes like an hour, every hours like a day” and it certainly feels like that waiting to exchange contracts. I keep looking at the dates and really we have done very well in terms of time, the buyer is still very keen, survey has been done and he has nothing to sell. How bad would it be if our buyer was in a chain, I think I would be falling to bits.

As it is, I sit here “working” each day trying to put it to the back of my mind. I keep saying we are one day nearer to moving but the problem is we do not have a definite date yet, so we might be 4 weeks away from moving or 2 months, or never. We just do not know and we have so much to do but do not want to do anything until we have that exchange of contracts.

I am really hoping that we exchange or are ready to exchange in the next couple of weeks. It is the Easter holidays then and as our buyer is a teacher it will mean they are available to sign any paperwork that needs to be done to ensure this.

I hate being the way I am and I just call people to sort of chase them where I can or enquire how things are going. Unfortunately until we are much further down the process no one can tell me anything and to be honest I do not think anyone really much cares. They just have their jobs to do, mine and many other peoples stuff to process and you get no preferential treatment, and why should I?

It would be really nice if I could just now not think about it, not look at the dates, not count back the days, not try to guess when it will happen etc etc, just let it go through, be positive that it will go through and just wait until someone calls me for a change to say, we need this or we need that or are you ok with this.

I put a call into our solicitor today to see if they could find out how the process is going, they said they would put a call into the other solicitors and would call me back. I do not expect them to though, she said she would call back once before but never did.

Oh for that wonderful time when we have exchanged and have a completion date. Everything then moves forward. We can plan, we can pack, we can cancel and change services. At the moment we are just in limbo.  A good place though and it could be so much worse, so lets have the glass half fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment