Friday 16 March 2012

16th March 2012

Trying to put the move to the back of my mind but that is easier said than done. I am one of those people that need regular re assurance that things are progressing. I know it is not going to happen and not possible to do but it would be really nice to get a call every day from the Estate Agent to the effect " we have spoken to your buyer and everything is progressing well, speak to you tomorrow".

I can tell this by how it makes me feel when we get some progress. Take last Saturday for example, when the Agent rang to tell us the buyer had been into the mortgage company and signed the paperwork, I was really happy and positive that things were moving forward. Then just a few days later and following no contact with anyone, purely because there is nothing to say, my mind starts thinking, its not going to happen, something has gone wrong etc etc.

I was back on a positive yesterday. The Estate Agent rang to say that the survey was booking in for next Tuesday morning, so progress at last and feeling happy and positive again. I am sure at some point today that positive mood will be replaced again by doubts.

I wrote to the solicitors yesterday regarding our preferred completion date. Helen and I discussed what we would prefer and that is for at least 4 weeks between exchange and completion, but completion date of no earlier than Friday 4th May 2012. This will mean we will be here for Helen and Craigs birthday's the weekend before and we can have a last BBQ here before moving.

Update on the sold board, it is still propped up against my house. I told the agent when they rang about the survey and she was most annoyed herself and would get onto her sign people. The Agent has lost so much free advertising that they have sold a property, especially being on the main road.

No comments:

Post a Comment